The Association of Sustainable Business was established to enable the approximate 5.58 million British businesses fight climate change, 4.1 million of whom are small owner operated with no employee’s asides themselves, and to provide simple solutions to them becoming Green.
The current process, framework, recommendations, excepted guidelines and legislation is very expensive to implement, so only really works for larger companies. By turning the current process on its head and making it profitable for SME’s businesses to be Green, instead of a cost, we are championing UK business as Green and helping them reduce and offset there CO2 emissions in accordance with internationally recognised standards and in conjunction with UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The current process is:
1. Calculate your business C02 emissions, which can be costly, time consuming, confusing and frankly inaccurate when considering external products and services a company uses (how much C02 exactly does my morning cup of Brazilian coffee emit?).
2. Reduce your emissions. This isn’t always practical or easy for small businesses.
3. Offset what you can’t reduce. This has become a high profit business with many companies charging the earth for offsetting.
We want to turn this process on its head for SME’s
1. Offset Emission’s now – it’s cheap and easy through us and pays for itself as we turn your CO2 offsetting into a powerful marking tool.
2. Reduce your emissions. Simple tips can help you do this without effecting your business, plus the less energy your business uses, the more money you save!
3. Calculate your business C02 emissions. Yes it’s important, but don’t get hung up on it or let it become a barrier to taking action.
We are also an active ‘Voice’ for UK businesses, campaigning on key issues at both national and local levels to shape and enhance Government climate change policy and emission reduction goals.
We are a non-profit making organisation, governed by committee,
with executive directors and a dynamic team of professional advisors.
ABOUT OUR CHAIRMAN
Kevin Allen – ‘The Banana Man’
Kevin is a founder and the inspiration behind the ASSOCIATION OF SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS and is our committee chairman, where he utilises his 36 years’ experience as an accountant, business advisor and tax consultant.
He has an indepth knowledge of small businesses, how they operate, and the problems small business owners face on a daily basis.
He’s also a humanitarian and no stranger to climate change and the impact its having particularly in the third world.
In Africa Kevin is known by many as ‘The Banana Man’ including the former president of South Africa, Jacob Zuma, and was once described in the African press as ‘an accidental father to a thousand children’ due to his incredible work with AIDS orphans, and food for schools scheme that has led to approximately 9 million children per day being fed.
Kevin’s work has been featured as a book, on BBC TV news, on radio stations around the world, and in newspapers and magazines across the UK.